The first time I heard about making chocolate pudding out of avocados, I was rightfully hesitant. But man am I glad that I tried it! It is full of flavor and an incredible alternative dessert that is rich in fiber and healthy fats while providing deep satisfaction. This creamy, smooth pudding that has a texture of a delicate mousse that will melt in your mouth. As with all recipes, be sure to taste-test along the way and add any ingredients needed because there is always variation in the sweetness levels of maple syrup, the ripeness/creaminess of the avocados you use, etc. Enjoy!
Creamy Chocolate (Avocado) Pudding
- Food processor or blender
- 2 large avocados – peeled pitted, and cubed
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar honey, or maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup dairy-free milk of choice coconut, oat, flax milk for nut-free option
- Blend avocados, cacao powder, sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt in a blender until smooth. If pudding is too thick, add milk of choice.
- Refrigerate pudding until chilled, about 30 minutes or enjoy immediately. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. This dessert can also be frozen for a chocolate mousse ice cream as well.