This quick delicious banana bread is so satisfying, especially when it has super clean ingredients! It’s a great quick bread that brings a fresh flavor to any afternoon snack or breakfast table. It makes a great dessert too. It is made with almond flour as its predominant flour source, so it will be quick a bit more moist than a traditional banana bread. Also, it looks extra gooey because of the chocolate chips and walnuts. But I will say it is definitely hardy enough to where you can pick up a piece and it won’t break (as long as you cook it for long enough!)e, and you can slice it easily too. If you want to add some extra festive flavors, spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves are excellent in it. You can also make the banana bread into muffins, just be sure to bake them for about a quarter to half of the time. Make sure to use a generous slice of butter on top for added decadence!
Adjusting the Ingredients: Make this Quick Delicious Banana Bread Vegan to Suit Your Needs
If you want to make this quick delicious banana bread vegan as well, you can use flax seed eggs or chia seed eggs instead of the actual eggs. It might be slightly more dense, but I haven’t noticed a huge difference with it. If you want to add regular sugar instead of honey or maple syrup, you can do that as well and it works out just fine. It can be a little bit more dry in that case, which might be what you prefer! Either way, I have used maple sugar, maple syrup, honey, and cane sugar and they all turn out well.
Quick Delicious Banana Bread (GF, DF)
- 5×8 pan
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs or 1 tbsp flaxseed + 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 cup mashed banana about 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts chocolate chips, or berries (optional)
- 1/2-1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using a whisk or fork, blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients together in another bowl or stand mixer and mix until the banana is completely mashed. Then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Grease the baking pan with olive oil, coconut oil, or butter. Add the batter to the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is browned and a knife inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and slice. Store the bread sealed at room temperature for a few days, in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or freeze for a few months.